LEDs are the short form for Light Emitting Diodes and over the past four decades or so, LED lighting systems has become hugely popular. This is because of some obvious advantages and benefits associated with this form of lighting. It could be wall pack lights or other forms of lighting from Litelume. However, at the same time, like all things in life, there are also some downsides as far as this form of lighting is concerned. Let us therefore try and list down the pros and cons of this form lighting. We hope it will give a new perspective to those who are planning to choose a good lighting system either for their indoor or outdoor requirements.
- Long lasting and energy efficient – These two factors are the most obvious reasons why people go in for LED lighting systems. They offer much longer life span and are almost 10 times more long lasting when compared to fluorescent lamps and perhaps around 30 to 40 times more long lasting when compared to incandescent lights. Further, they can help save as much as 60% on lighting energy costs because they are energy efficient.
- They are ecofriendly. If you are looking for an ecofriendly lighting solution, it makes a lot of sense to go in for LED lighting systems. This is because they leave much lesser carbon foot prints when compared to other generating forms of lighting.
- They disperse the light quite evenly and there is a wonderful uniformity about it when compared to other forms of lighting.
- If you are looking for focused lighting arrangements, you have many reasons to choose LED lighting over others.
- They may not be dimmer compatible. In other words, if you wish to dim the lights, it may not be possible as it can be done in other forms of lighting.
- They depreciate in brightness over time. This is a common problem with even the best of LED lamps.